Monday, October 27, 2008

Sahara Race update 2

Hi, this is Carlos again and this is what Norma told me to post:

day one

what a day it was, I was excited today when I realized that it was going to be only 36K, I forgot about the heat!.

There where 3 stages and 1 and 2 I found hot but manageable since I was able to run and the running gave a nice breeze. Leg 3 was a nightmare, the sand was to deep to run so I walked almost the last 14K, walking is harder since you still break up a sweat but there is no breeze to cool of.
I still managed to come in 5 hrs and 18 min. for placing I was told it was around to 50, so not bad at all
I hope I manage to sleep tonight, I didn't sleep at all last night, the ground is hard and there are 9 other smelly people on a crowded tent, I hope I am tired enough to fall asleep first.

As right now, I am taking it day by day, results mean nothing since there are a lot of other factors that come to play. Ryan Sandes won stage one at a blistering 3hrs and 5 min, Dean is here as well, I talked to him only once, but he mostly keeps to himself on the tent. One of my tent mates was his roommate back at the hotel and he said he is fantastic but obviously really busy.

Time for me to run to my tent and see is I can fall asleep before everybody


Akelem Salam

No comments: