Sunday, March 25, 2012

Running Home- Final preparations

Is almost time to go! I have a few weeks until I start my run home. I am very excited but also full of nervousness. Almost like being pregnant, you cant wait to have the baby then when you are due to give birth you start asking yourself questions like " am i ready?"
I got home to an empty house, my kids were off with their dad to Miami. It was nice to be able to just focus on the details of Running Home, I got a new tarp tent so is very light. Is madness figuring out where to be since I can't run on interstate highways, I have to avoid highway number 5 and some bridges. I have gotten the preparation to the point where I can sleep at night, not awaking every 2 hours panicking because I am not sure how to go across the Washington- Oregon border. The next most important thing is lightening my pack, hygiene is vital but not appearances so no deodorant. Safety is important so yes to technology no to extra clothing, reverse and wear. I am sure i would go thought it over and over it before is ready but i am getting there.

I haven't being training since i ran Modesto Marathon last Sunday, my hip feels better but the lack of training was a bit hard on my confidence, after all training hard is what allows me to feel that I can run all the way to Mazatlan.

Whenever I am start to lack confidence I tell myself the same thing I tell my kids when they say " I am never going to be better" or " I am not good at this"
It takes 10,000 hours to archive excellence on anything. I read an article about this somewhere, cant remember where but what the article talked about some scientist that had done research to figure out if being great at something is nature or nurture and they figure out that is nurture, nature takes care of the type of talent such as Olympic marathoner vs a 3:10 marathoner but nature can't do anything of you don't nurture it.

When i tell my kids that, it makes sense, they automatically know they are just being impatient, have they really tried for at least 10,000 hours before deciding they are never going to be any better? I am just excited now for the opportunity to get that much closer to my better self.
What I am most excited and proud about Running Home is that is simple yet it touches on what is important, we all have the ability to make it from Vancouver Bc to Mazatlan Mexico, it might take some 5 years and others only a month what matters is that we all can. I will be scrapping by on my run surviving on very little. I didn't want to have sponsors that might taint my judgment, safety will always be first, second I wanted to show to some that in the age of fancy sponsorships adventure is what you make of, don't get me wrong,I have a long list of adventures that I need funds for but right now I wanted the simplicity or creating a project that wasn't going to be shelved until i had the funds.
The one thing I am most grateful of is the amazing support of my family, without their support it would have being impossible to dream as big as I do.
I might not talk to you before I go, I need to focus on what's in front of me and spending time with my family.

My brother Carlos in Mexico will be once more managing my social networking when I can't. This is truly an amazing opportunity,I can't tell you how excited is to be going back home. Until then, don't settle for anything before deciding if this is the best you can do.

“Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.” Matsuo Basho

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suerte Norma !!
Bert

Norma Bastidas said...

Gracias Bert!

คนสวย2019 said...

ฟิลเลอร์เป็นอย่างไร





?
สารเติมเต็มผิวหรือที่เรียกด้านการแพทย์





ว่า เดอร์มอล ฟิลเลอร์ เป็น



สารไฮยารูโรนิก แอใกล้





หรือ HA เป็นสารที่รับประกัน







มาตรฐานความปลอดภัยทั่วทั้งโลก





แล้ว เป็นสารสกัดที่ได้มาจากธรรมชาติ









ที่มีส่วนประกอบ



ของคลอลาเจน มีองค์ประกอบ





ประกอบกันเป็นร่างแหด้วยแนวทาง



ทางเคมี ซึ่งมีอยู่แล้วในเซลล์ผิว มีความปลอดภัยสูงฉีดฟิลเลอร์ปาก
ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ ที่ไหนดี
ฉีดฟิลเลอร์ กังนัม

20รับ100 pg said...

ฝาก20รับ100 pg ล่าสุด การฝากถอนในเกมสล็อต PG SLOT เป็นกระบวนการที่ง่ายสะดวกสบายทำให้ผู้เล่นสามารถเข้ามาเล่นเกมได้โดยไม่มีความยุ่งยากมากมาย นี้คือขั้นตอนที่ทำให้การฝากถอนใน PG Slot