Monday, January 12, 2009

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Happy New Year everybody.

I am back from Panama where I spent most of my vacation training on a treadmill on the boat. Not that I am complaining. My kids and I where treated to the most amazing beaches,fantastic food and we where with great company, my boyfriend and his family and the boat crew was amazing. I did have a chance to go into one of the islands to run some trails unfortuantelly they where short,and I also trained on the beach pulling a log to prepare for my Arctic race. I tried running the outside of Contadora Island to make more mileage but I had to scramble some cliffs to make it from beach to beach, after slipping and scraping my shins, I decided to run back and forth on the same stretch of the beach doing speed training. the jungle was to thick to run on the trail but I sure enjoyed hiking on it.
Panama City is a running friendly city, it was nice to run on the malecon( boardwalk)the night before we all came back to Canada.

I am crazy busy finalizing my 7 races on 7 continents in 7 months, I am leaving for Brazil Jan 20th so forgive me if I can elaborate more about my trip to Panama, just enjoy the pics!














1 comment:

Peter Lubbers said...

777 sounds like a great challenge! Just the kind you would excel in, too! Best of luck with the adventure and keep us posted.